While not all of these have to do with pregnancy as we normally think of it, I found all of them very useful for helping me shift my view of the baby’s experience and the profound transition that is giving birth. Birth is the prototype for all change.
- The Continuum Concept by Jean Leidloff
- Bountiful Beautiful Blissful: Experience the Natural Power of Pregnancy and Birth with Kundalini Yoga and Meditation by Gurmukh
- Primal Mothering in a Modern World by Hygeia Halfmoon
- The Magical Child by Joseph Chilton Pearce
- Preparing for Birth With Yoga by Janet Balaskas
- Yoga for Pregnancy Birth and Beyond by Francoise Barbira Freedman
- Ideal Birth by Sondra Ray
- Unassisted Childbirth by Laura Shanley
Books can also be valuable tools to heal your relationship with your partner, friends, and family. Those people who will be there to support you after the baby is born and hopefully for many years can also get support from books and your loving presence.
- Conscious Loving: the Journey to Co-Commitment by Gay Hendricks, Ph.D. and Kathlyn Hendricks, Ph.D.
- Passionate Marriage by David Schnarch, Ph.D.